Oct 30, 2021
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR PETS SAFE THIS HOWL-O-WEEN!
Please be mindful of your pets on this festive day. Here are a few helpful tips to have a fun night.
1) Keep those bowls of candy out of your pet's reach! Chocolate, especially dark or baking chocolate, is dangerous for dogs and cats.
2) Remember to keep an eye on your pets when opening the door for trick-or-treaters so they do not run outside. If your pet is anti-social it might be best to keep them in a quiet room. Too many visiting strangers can be stressful to some pets.
3) Make sure your pet is wearing ID tags or is microchipped! If your cat or dog does manage to dart out of the door you increase your chances that he or she will be returned to you!
4) If you're planning to dress your pet in a costume make sure it does not annoy them, constrict their movements, hearing, breathing or prevents them from barking or meowing. Try the costume on your pet before taking them out in it to see if they are comfortable wearing it. Check to see that nothing gets twisted or that extruding objects do not get caught. If they're having trouble walking around, and don't seem to be having fun wearing it, allow them to go out in their birthday suit and maybe add a festive bandanna instead.
5) Watch Jack-O-Lanterns with candles, keep them up high or avoid them so your pet does not knock them over and potentially start a fire.
6) Be careful of Halloween decorations. Wires, cords, strings, faux spider web are all potential traps for your pet can get caught in.
PROTECT THE PETS AND CHILDREN and have a safe and Happy HOWL-O-WEEN 🤗